Breaking the cycle of poverty by helping people to change their own destinies.
Sustainability and livelihood projects help break the vicious cycle of poverty, rather than perpetuating a dependency on handouts. Poverty traps children and families. But with adequate support, skills training and resources, they can rise out to help themselves.
Lonely Orphans’ vision is to support vulnerable children and families to help themselves out of poverty. We do this by:
- Ensuring long term education, through our schools projects, empowering children with the necessary skills to become employable
- Focusing on educating girls out of poverty
- Training women with specific skills to become self sustainable and earn an income
- Providing men with relevant training to seek employment
Lonely Orphans is developing innovative ways that encourage sustainable economic progress, even in the most hopeless of situations. So often in our beneficiary consultations, recurring themes are for support with opportunities to help themselves with dignity, rather than handouts.
What we have done so far and our plans for the future:
- Sewings Skills Training Centre, Rohingya Refugee Camps
- Bottle Recycling Centre, employing widows in Thailand
- Schools in Bangladesh (Rohingya Refugee Camps), Schools in Turkey (for exiled Uyghur Refugees) and Orphanages in Thailand.
So far we have helped hundreds through a variety of training such as, providing them with sewing skills and upon completion of the set programme, they were awarded with a sewing machine.
You can be part of this long term change.
Support Lonely Orphans today. Together, we’re saving lives. Together, we’re one family.